Sunday, February 7, 2010
What we've been up to...
Travis started his last semester of the nursing program in January (on his 30th birthday as a matter of fact). He is very busy with school work, clinicals, and working weekends. We got to spend a lot of time together over his holiday break, so it was hard to have him start back up again. But we are excited for the fun things coming our way in May. He will be studying hard to pass the exam in July so wish him luck! He has since decided that a bachelor's degree in nursing would be very useful, so we may be in Elko for a few more years than planned so that he can finish up with that...still deciding for sure!
Kelton is now an independent, potty trained, bossy, helpful, big brother! Ever since he became potty trained he thinks he can do ANYTHING by himself...makes for getting dressed in the morning a longer task than usual, but it makes him feel so proud. He loves saying prayers and they have become quite detailed these days. At meal times, he'll peak open his eyes to thank Heavenly Father for random things he sees. The other night, he thanked Heavenly Father for the table and then giggled at himself. His Gramma Sheryl has made sure he knows to thank Him for her each night too. He even had to get out of bed one night because he forgot to thank Him for his Gramma Sheryl. So he said a special prayer just for her that night. His sister is in absolute love with this guy...he makes her smile her best smiles and gets her so excited she can't stand it. Kelton is a great helper and makes us laugh everyday. He is just too smart for his own britches!
Brynlee will be 4 months old this Friday and she's already rolled over several times! Kelton thinks this is just incredible. She is such a happy, smiley baby for the most part and it is so refreshing to have a baby that will let me cuddle her! She really is in love with her big brother and is content just watching him be silly...as long as he is in her sight, she stays pretty happy! We love having another girl in the house!
I am just trying to keep my head above water these days. It really is an adjustment having two kids, but I love them so much and am so grateful to be able to stay home with them to watch them grow! I get to play the piano for the primary and am going to the gym 6 days a week. It's a nice get-away for me and healthy too! Still trying to get the grasp on the whole dieting stuff, but working towards a healthier me! Wish me luck!!
Our camera is in need of a battery charge, so as soon as that is done some new pictures will be posted. Thought I'd update all you bloggers in the mean time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Awesome post!!! hey I found someone with wood walls...UNCLE MELVIN...kinda out of the way but maybe on like a sat or sunday we could go out and visit them and take some pictures..I've already talk to him and he said bring em on out!!!! haha so anyways let me know what ya think love ya guys!!
Gym 6 days a week??! I'm so jeolous. Sounds like you are enjoying those two sweet kids of yours. Give them a hug for me!
How fun...I love the update. It sure was nice visiting with you all. :)
Holy cow, you seem busy! But the good kind. I'm glad you'll be in Elko for a while and I'm sure your family is too. I can't believe you have a 30 year old husband, that's so old! (not like Seth is nearing 32 or anything:)
Post a Comment