LONG nights make for a sleepy mommy!! But she was so cuddly, so it wasn't so bad!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Our Hospital Holiday
We got to spend Valentine's Day in the hospital with Brynlee. She started getting sick on Sunday, but had a doctor's appointment that Friday so I thought I'd see if she could fight it off herself. Well...during Thursday mornings feeding, she turned blue. I freeked out and rushed her to the E.R. where they gave her a breathing treatment, monitored her o2 stats, took x-rays, and tested for RSV. All came back okay. They were getting ready to send us home when her breathing started to get bad again. So they gave her another treatment, sent us home and told me to "just keep an eye on her." Well...during her nap she turned blue again. So back to the E.R. we went and they decided to keep us for observation. So they hooked her up to an o2 monitor and we went through the night. Then as I was laying her in her bed, she immediately turned blue again and her oxygen dropped down to 60%. I yelled down the hall for our nurse who came in and tried waking her by running her fingernail down her foot and shaking her...it took Brynlee awhile to come to so they hooked her up to oxygen and reported to the doctor. She stayed hooked to oxygen and the 02 monitor for 3 days...anytime the monitor showed she wasn't getting enough oxygen they would bump up the oxygen output. She started getting better Saturday and had ripped her oxygen source off about 3 different times, so they decided to see if she could go without it. And she did. The doctor wanted her to stay above 88% for 24 hours before he would let us go home and she did it!! While she is sleeping she drops down pretty low, but they say that's normal for babies. So we are keeping a close eye on her at home. We went and saw our regular doctor yesterday who put her on a steroid and some antibiotics. We go back on Monday for a follow up! Hopefully she can get better so we can get ready to see Uncle Toby in March!! Here are some pictures of our tough little angel (of course they are in reverse order). You would never know that she was sick with how smiley and playful she was!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That's scary. I'm glad she is doing lots better now.
That is SCARY!! Courtney did essentially the same thing when she was little and spent a week in the hospital... I'm glad you are home now and doing well.
Post a Comment