Sunday, November 23, 2008

~Twilight Party~

My mom will use ANY excuse to have a party!! She hasn't even read any of the books, but saw some ideas for a Twilight party on a morning show that she watches, and of course, who was I to argue the idea? SO...we invited just a few girls to join us for a party. The funny thing was that my mom didn't realize that Vampires don't eat...so we stretched it and made spaghetti since that was one of the meals that Bella fixed for her father in the book.
You can't tell by this picture, but the invitation was tied to an apple.

The dessert table decorated with red lights and black tule. We had red velvet cake and dipped it into a white chocolate fondue fountain.I found some fun quotes from the book online and decided to use some picture frames and set them around the tables to help set the mood.Another idea was to use corn syrup, die it red and dip the tops of the glasses into it. We added some "sparkles" too. The syrup dripped down the glasses to make it resemble blood and actually added some flavor to the drink! Here are all of us girls (accept my cousin, Katie) who got caught styling someone's hair for Sadies.

  • It was a great night to just get some fun girls together.
  • I enjoyed the movie, but was a bit creeped out by Edward. Wasn't he supposed to be charming, drop-dead gorgeous, and not awkward or creepy?
  • The first book really talked alot about Bella and Edward building a relationship, but in the movie they played it off like they were instant friends.
  • I guess it would end up being a 4 hour movie if they hit all the details like the author in the book does.
  • All in all, it was a great and enjoyable evening. My babysitter ROCKS, and that helps me enjoy my time away even more!
  • Let me know what you other Twilight readers thought!!

2 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

I think you and your mom are awesome! If I lived closer, I would have been invited, right? Actually, I have no plans on seeing the movie anytime soon, and I never really fell for a love affair with a vampire. It just wasn't real to me because I couldn't see myself doing it.
P.S. I loved your decorations and bloody cups:)

Beetle said...

I haven't read any of the books or seen the movie either, but THAT looks like a party. I love it!