Monday, September 14, 2009
"Test" Days
I've just been thinking a lot lately about how much fun/work 2 year old boys are! It seems as though they plan which days they are going to test you and wake up ready to do so. It starts with breakfast. First he wants cereal, so I pour him a bowl of cereal and in the middle of doing so he changes his mind a million times. From eggos to toast to oatmeal to watermelon...a great way to frazzle a mother, right?! Then it continues with getting dressed. On these "test" days clothes never go where they are supposed to...all the sudden shirts are supposed to be worn as pants, pants aren't necessary, and cowboy boots have to be worn ALL day no matter the choice of attire!And who cares if they are on the right feet, right?! After a few hours like this, I know I'm in for it for the remainder of the day!! And if you laugh at him, it only creates a monster!
Yet, during these "test" days I find myself in awe at the many different and creative thought processes my 2 year old has. For example...wearing his shirt as pants! And spying on him while he's playing in his room to find him saying things to his animals that Travis and I say to him. Like, "NO Monkey!" and "You stink...you poop?" and "You ready for nuh night, ya?" These "test" days are the ones that really make you think about the rolls mothers play in their children's lives and how huge my part is. I'm lucky to have such a strong-willed little boy and am looking forward to having "test" days with a girl! I've had the realization that my days are about to be filled with many, many, many more "tests." I just hope my kids allow for easy days every once in awhile!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
YEAH I'm so happy you are having a girl! I hope to see you when we are in town so I can give you your baby girl present. Yay so exciting!
Hey, I just heard that you're on bed rest! I've been out of the loop with moving and all...we have internet now though. Let me know if you need anything. I will call you this week and maybe come in for a visit if you're up to it! Loves!
Hope everything turns out well. Congrats on having a girl!! I don't know if you heard, but I am going private so leave me your email address so I can invite you!
Post a Comment