Monday, February 9, 2009

Proud Mama!

I can't believe it...Kelton is in nursery! He's been going since Jan. 17th. His first few weeks were a little rough with him crying (well screaming) for the majority of the time. Last week he fell asleep in Sacrament Meeting, so he didn't go in at first. After church the 1st Councilor in Primary told me that she walked by the room and it was dead quiet, so she assumed everything was okay. Then the next time she walked by she heard Kelton screaming and thought to herself, "Well, Kelton's in there now." :( Yesterday when we opened the door to go to nursery, Kelton got all stiff and started to whine a little. But our awesome nursery leader (Brother Izaat) got him distracted long enough for us to sneak out! When Travis went to pick him up, Brother Izaat said he had to read Kelton books in order to keep him from crying. I feel bad, but know that if I keep interrupting to check on Kelton, it will only make matters worse. Right?! And...he did his first art project yesterday. A mobile about "I am a child of God." I was so proud that my little guy worked hard (scribbled) on his pictures! So, today when I was getting him dressed he stated "chuch." And again when I was reading him a book he looked up at me and asked, "chuch?" He's definately getting the hang of things! Now all I have to do is learn how to pay attention in Sunday School again!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

He is getting the hang of it. I know my dad loves being in nursery with him.

Seth and Natalie said...

I'm glad you're back! Nursery is a pain to people who like to wander the halls and have their own sunday school, at least in our ward. It'll be great for you to go to church and actually be able to learn something again!