Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Missing "Doddy" at naptime
As most of you know, Kelton is EXTREMELY attached to a little "doggy" blanket that my mom made for him. This "doggy" used to go everywhere with him until I restricted it for naptime and bedtime only! Today was time for "doddy" to have a bath, only Kelton didn't want to give it up long enough. I distracted him long enough to put it in the washing machine, but before long he was ready for a nap and went looking for his "doddy" which is normally resting in his crib. Only it wasn't there when Kelton was ready for a nap, so I tried showing his "doddy" having a bath in the washing machine, but that really only made matters worse...as you will see. It really is kinda sad, but I thought I'd share Kelton's drama for today. Things should look brighter as soon as "doddy" is nice and dry and the two of them are snuggled in Kelton's bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I know I shouldn't laugh, but the exact same thing happens at my house! Trying to give Rylee's flutter dog a bath is a tricky thing. I have to sneak him away from her on laundry day and he never makes it through the dryer. She doesn't care if he's still wet, she wants him! Tell Kelton she feels his pain:)
ahhhh my girls have their bear and blankey (yes both of them for Kenzie) and Lambie for KAit! KEnzie is ok now (she is almost 5) if I wash hers, but KAit crys still... I like you have limited it to bed time ( my kids don't take naps.. so sad...) or when they are watching cartoons and snuggling on the couch. Some people don't agree with them having a "special" attachement to something, but I don't think it hurts !
Post a Comment