Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Potty Training
So...today Kelton has signed "potty" 3 times and when I take him to the bathroom and put him on the toilet he goes pee!!!! YIPPEEE!!!! The only problem is that his diaper is already wet. I'm just excited to have a little guy interested in the potty training process. Any ideas of how to make it more consistant without having wet diapers?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Congratulations Hydee!!!! You'll do great
I am curious..why he is signing? I think that it is awesome! but was curious if there was a special reason orj ust caust htat is an awesome thing to know how to do! and I can't believe u are pregnant.. congratulations!
My friend Kathy just finished potty training her 16 month old girl. She said she would do the sign for potty (the mom) and take her to sit on the toilet every 30 minutes. while she was on the toilet the mom would make the peeing noises so the daughter would understand what was going on. After about 3-4 days the little girl knew what was going on and has consistently gone to the bathroom on the toilet. Pretty amazing if you ask me! Linc I don't think is ready for it just yet...but soon enough!
Oh, potty training. Seriously, the worst 4 days of my motherly life. As of this month Rylee has been a toileteer for half of her life. I hope it all goes great with Kelton, especially since baby #2 is on the way. Hurray! I'm super duper excited for you!! I love having two kids, and I'm sure you will, too!
I would love to do your shopping for you! HA! Hey congrats on the new baby on the way!
Congrats on being prego! When are you due? Potty training a boy can be difficult, but if he is interested I would jump on it. The way I do it is to take away diapers completely, except for nap and bedtime. Buy some traing pants, thick underwear, and use them. I used a great book that has helped me potty train both my kids and Mandi was potty trained at 20 mo. so I believe it works. It is called 'Toilet Training In Less Than a Day' written by Nathan Azrin and Richard Foxx. Good luck!
Post a Comment