Friday, September 19, 2008
Mommy thoughts
I have to admit that I've been moping around the last few weeks. Just pouting and feeling sorry for myself because of the little time I get to have Travis around. He spends every day, all day at the school during the week. And on the weekends, he works 12 hour shifts. It has really put a damper on things and it is ROUGH not having him around when it's been an especially tough day with Kelton. I've just been feeling so lonely and basically like a single mom. That's probably why the Lord has given me 2 new church callings, to keep me busy and help me keep my mind off the negative...more on that later!
BUT...yesterday I decided to get a hold of things because otherwise this was going to be a LONG 2 years. So while Kelton was sleeping, I had some time to think about all the huge blessings I have in my life. The biggest one being a husband who is willing to sacrifice his time with his family in order to provide a better future for us. A husband who honors his Priesthood and tells me every minute we're together just how much he loves me. With all his homework he still takes the time to thank me for dinner and tell me how nice it is to come home to a clean house! Another blessing, Kelton! He is a genius, I swear!! He tries to say words after us...in the bath tub I tell him "lay down" so I can wash his hair and he repeats "la dow." He follows directions too...throwing garbage away, putting shoes back, picking up toys, helping with dishes. He is just one giant sponge soaking everything up!! I am so thankful for my family and they make me want to do everything I can to help make them happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
oh Heidi, I know how you feel! We have done this working and going to school crap for 8 years. My advice is to do things that you love and spend a lot of time with friends or family. The way I get through nights by myself is to record a favorite show or have a book ready to read so when the kids go to bed it's me time and I'm excited for it. Hang in there. It will fly by and it will all be worth it.
It's hard to not have the husbands home! I'm sorry, hopefully this next few years will fly by quickly and you'll get to make up for it when it's done. Kelton is so smart!
What a good husband to provide for your family. It would be stressful to be in Travis's shoes, but it seems like you are making it easier for him. I'm alone all the time, too. Too bad we don't live by each other, then we could be widows together.
Hydee,
You are so strong. I admire that you turn your thoughts to the positive. I think that always helps. Hang in there. If I lived closer, we could hang out everyday:) Miss ya.
Stephanie
Hey Heidi! I love your switcheroo attitude. Very positive. AND I LOVE that you are supporting your husband in his career choices although it takes away from your family time now. And I LOVE that your husband is appreciative of the small things you do for him. This too shall pass. It is a hard road, but after the bumps there is smooth sailing..Keep your chin up. I am always game for getting together at a house park wheverever I'm EZ ;)
Post a Comment