Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kelton turns 1

Kelton Travis Spencer. Born July 17th, 2007 at 5:14pm. Weighing 7lbs 9 ounces and measuring 21" long. We celebrated his birthday on July 26th so that family from Utah could join us. We decided to have a spaghetti feed in my parent's back yard and games for the kiddos using a soccer theme for the party. It was a great success and I had a giant cold sore for 3 weeks afterward to prove it!!!! I had my sister-in-law, Allison help me with the cake, but it turned out that Travis had the eye for details and he spent quite awhile getting the soccer ball just right! Thanks to all who came and gave their support. Now I know why my mom only gave parties for our special birthdays (1,5,8,12,16,18).

Family eating yummy spaghetti, salad, breadsticks, and juice.

Guests mingling and enjoying the sun.

Auntie Waiva and Gma Spencer spoiling the birthday boy!

All ready for games. We played pin the soccer player on the soccer ball and then went to the front yar for a pinata (thanks Waiva and Tammy)!

Caleb taking a swing.

Gracee taking her turn.

Orrin (was told to hit it like he was mad at his sister)! :)

Camas giggling the entire time.

Kylee, she's just too sweet to damage anything!

Sarah using her left hand?!

And Sage, the oldest, the leader, the boss!

Then Kelton, the birthday boy himself finishing it off!

Then we played hot potato...

...while Kelton was roped! Finishing with cake and presents. Thanks again everyone!!!

5 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

What an awesome pinata and cakes! Especially the soccer ball cake. wow. How fun to be near all your family again and doing fun things! I can't believe how big your brother's kids are, I knew them all as tiny babies. I can't believe how big Kelton is, either. He is growing!
P.S. Did Kurt's goats really all die?

Crouch6 said...

Cute cake! You did a great job! Looks like he had a fun party!

JethRobyn said...

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought 1 was worth celebrating! That is a really cute cake, so creative.

The Hulls said...

Cute cakes!!! Looks like you had a "ball". Ha, ha!

Austin said...

What a cutie! Turning 1 is a big deal and we always celebrate it. My little girl will be one soon and I am not ready for it.
Get busy posting more pictures!