Friday, June 13, 2008

Someone make up my mind for me!!!

I had an interview with U.S. Bank yesterday (thanks Dani for watching my screaming child). And it went well! They offered to pay me the same wage I was making when I left which was $12/hr! A HUGE upgrade from the lowsy $9 I was making in Rexburg. I found an AWESOME babysitter (Dr. Marion Groff's husband) who was looking for another infant to take this summer and I would still be able to bring home $850 each month. However...after a restless night spent thinking about missing out on Kelton's life, I decided to call the bank and decline the offer. I know that the Lord will provide for our family as long as I follow his desire for me to stay home with my children! It was a hard desision (just ask Dani and my friend Kim) but I feel much more at ease about being able to spend time with Kelton. PHEW!

9 comments:

Dustin and Cassie said...

Hydee, that sounds like a tought decision but knowing you made the decision the Lord wanted you to make should be strength to go forward with faith. We love you guys!

Crouch6 said...

I feel your pain! It is so hard to put kids in day care but the extra money is so tempting. I would say even if you have to take out a little extra in student loans it is so worth it to be with your kids if you can make it work

JLMartin said...

Enjoy that baby boy! They change so fast. Hopefully everything works out great. lacey

The Hulls said...

I'm proud of you Hydee. What a hard decision to make. I'm sure it will be tight for awhile, but staying home, especially with your first, is so rewarding. Can't wait to get together next week!
Steph

Seth and Natalie said...

I think you made a good choice, it would be soo hard to be away from your baby. Not too many women would do that, so you're soo good to make that decision. It'll all work out just fine.

Dana Christensen said...

Hey Spencers! You may not remember us, but we were in the same ward in Elko. I saw your link on the Crouches blog. Your baby is adorable!! Congrats!

Michelle said...

That is such a hard decision. I, too, am proud of you for doing what you feel is best for your family. I have often thought about going back to work, but I can't let someone elseraise my kids. I don't look down on people that go that option, I just know what is best for my family and myself! It was good to see you!

Michelle said...

I was so incredibly uncomfortable in my swimsuit! of all the places in this town, huh?! um so when i said in my last comment "people that go that option" I didnt meant that rudely. I just meant some people aren't made to be SAHM and that is ok, they know their limits.

Jan said...

It is a hard decision. I just read a book that helped me feel confident in making the same decision--its called What Our Mothers Didn't Tell Us, by Denise Crittenden (I think). Aunt Carol lent it to me. I totally recommend it--it will help you feel better about your choice.